Warning! The Marvel Cinamatic Universe is not necessarily kid-friendly. FYI.
I love them. I let my teenagers watch them. Other Mom’s would probably concur that Marvel is for grown-ups only. Please use discretion and discernment and review them so you can decide for yourself before showing these to any one under the age of 35. 🙂
Did you know that I love Marvel Comics? Not the actual comics, but the totally, rockin, awesome movies they’ve been hurling at me over the years.
Guardians of the Galaxy
Did I mention Iron Man?
Yes! Please, May I have another?!!
So tonight is the big night!!!
Captain America v/s Iron Man
Is this even a contest? Come on? Iron Man is going to pound Captain America. The end.
I have a 16 year old son who loves the Marvel World so I have been catapulted into it as well.
Here are 4 things I think are cool about the Marvel Cinematic Universe:
- You know that old guy in every one of the movies? Yeah. The one with white hair and glasses? That is Stan Lee. He is the original creator of Marvel comics. He’s usually in there somewhere- you just have to look for him. Here are his appearances: He’s Hugh Hefner in Iron Man.
• He’s the man who accidentally drinks Hulk’s blood in The Incredible Hulk.
• He’s Larry King in Iron Man 2.
• He drives a pickup in Thor.
• He’s a military officer in Captain America.
• He’s a man on the street in The Avengers.
• He’s a beauty contest judge in Iron Man 3.
• He’s a patient in the mental health facility in Thor: The Dark World.
• He’s a Smithsonian security guard in Captain America: The Winter Solider.
• He’s the “class-A pervert” Rocket Raccoon spots in Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Infinity Stones. They are all over the place. The provide crazy power. The intermingle between movies. I want one. Here’s the Infinity Stone Appearances:• The Tesseract in Captain America: The First Avenger – The Space Gem
• Loki’s Scepter in The Avengers – The Mind Gem
• The Aether in Thor: The Dark World – The Reality Gem
• The Orb in Guardians of the Galaxy – The Power Stone
- The name of Iron Man’s AI assistant, J.A.R.V.I.S., is an acronym for “Just A Rather Very Intelligent System.”
- In one scene in The Avengers, Tony Stark can be seen wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt. This is likely a reference to the song “Iron Man,” which isn’t actually related to the Marvel character of the same name.
I am on the Iron Man side because he’s funny. Is there anything else better in life than laughter? I don’t think so.
Since Iron Man & I share the same sense of humor he’s the top dog as far as I’m concerned. My second pick in the Marvel World (which nearly beats Iron Man) is Guardians of the Galaxy.
Girls and Boys, may I have your attention please…. If you lived during the 70’s and 80’s and have not seen Guardians of the Galaxy, you must! You will sing! You will dance! You will buy the soundtrack 2 seconds after the movie is over. At least I did.
Here is what it sounded like in our basement the first time I ever saw Guardians of the Galaxy:
Kids (big teenagers of course): Mom Stop Singing.
Me: More Singing
Kids: Mom, we can’t hear the movie – stop singing
Kids: Mom, you in the way, I can’t see the TV
Me: More dancing and singing
Kids: Mom, sit down, stop singing and getting in the way. We want to watch the movie.
I dare you to stay in your seat and not sing during this movie. Impossible. I’m pretty sure it was made to be a sing-along. Guardians of the Galaxy is big fun.
Back to Captain America Civil War….. I have no idea how it ends, but this is the big debate around here. We have Team Captain and Team Iron Man. My youngest daughter is in love with Captain America. She is convinced he will win the Civil War and come to Kentucky to marry her after he dominates. If you haven’t heard about her love for Cap go here to read all about it.
It goes something like this: She has Captain America pajamas. She has Captain America shirts. She has Captain America coats. She has Captain America boots. She has Captain America baskets. She has Captain America hanging on her wall. She has Captain America mugs, cups and glasses. She WAS Captain America for Halloween. She has Captain America on anything and everything she can get it on.
Her big sister said to her through a giant smile, “Do you have a crush on Captain America?”
To which she responded, “No, I do not have a crush on him…… because I am going to marry him.”
So there it is.
Captain America is marrying my 11 year old daughter.
Here’s my prediction for the movie….. They all try to kill each other, but Spider Man shows up, everyone kisses and makes up and they all live happily ever after.
By the way – I never talk about movies…. If you want to learn about old fashioned tips and gardening helps you should subscribe to my blog. I have lots of fun. B Email (here) or “like” the blog on Facebook (here) or even sign up to follow the blog on Twitter(here).